Yes, I know it has been a while since I blogged. Sorry about that!
Right now I need to vent! I have no voice right now so I can't talk to anyone! My youngest son is being bullied A LOT! I am sick and tired of it! He gets bullied cause he's short, he dances hip hop, he has blonde hair, you name it he gets picked on for it! Today he was hit in the face! Walking to the car after school a kid hit him in the face! This kids friend last week threw rocks at him and pushed him into a gate because my son enjoys hip hop! Kalob has learned to ignore the name calling about his size. Yes, I know it still bothers him to hear all the names about being short! But to physically harm my child is something completley different! I will not put up with it! Then last Friday Kalob missed school on the same day the girl he likes missed school. Kalob was sick and spent the whole day with me! There were rumors spread around the school that Kalob got a hotel room to be with the girl he liked! What the heck! They are in 5th grade! Kalob is asking to get surgery to make him taller cause he thinks he won't get bullied as much! He was totally crying today cause he doesn't understand why this keeps happening to him! I have talked to his teacher A LOT! She says she talks to the kids and that the Dean of students came in to talk to the class. Well, it's not working! If someone came up to me threw rocks or hit me in the face they could be arrested! But nothing happens to little brats whose parents don't know how to teach them right from wrong!
My son is being harrassed almost daily! You see all the time that kids commit suicide because of this! Telling kids to just stop and that it is wrong to bully is not enough! They need to be suspended and if it continues expelled! Then if they keep doing it at other schools maybe a visit from the police would help! Has anyone had any problems like this? If so what did you do? HELP!!
8 years ago























6 comments:
I'm in a really small school district, so when my son was in kindergarten & was bullied, action was taken.
If the "solutions" don't work, keep finding other solutions. I went through the same steps--teacher, counselor talking to the children, lessons on values (kindness, etc.), meetings with teacher, principal, etc.
The bully was sneaky & so every day I would video my son as he reported how his day went. Fortunately, there was no physical violence, but verbal & mental are just as bad! The last straw was when my son felt unsafe at home. I called a meeting & said if one more incident occurred, the police would become involved & I would home-school my child. If the schools can't keep my child safe, then I will do whatever I can to make him feel safe & loved.
Are the parents of the bullies aware? The parents of this child didn't believe he was a bully & that he was misunderstood. Even an administrator didn't think everything that my son reported was happening, until it happened when the bully didn't think anyone (including this admin.) was watching. (sneaky little thing!)
I also documented all the bullying incidents (on paper & some on video) so if I did have to go to the police, I would have a record.
Whatever you do--don't give up!!! And keep the communication going with your son!!!
man--I just saw my comment post on your blog & it looks like a book! sorry I was so winded, but we mothers are so protective of our children!!!
No great ideas here, but I'll offer sympathy for your situation. If you decide on pulling him out of school, let me know and we'll get the boys together to do some things. Hugs!
The first thing that comes to mind is that these "bullies" are not just mean, they're extremely jealous of Kalob. He's one heck of a handsome kid- has all the girls flocking to him- and he's a performer! Who wouldn't be jealous?!?! Here's my idea: Have Kalob write this kid a letter. A nice letter. What kinds of qualities does this "mis-understood" kid have? (if any) Have Kalob extend a hand of friendship. You know, Be the Bigger Man" in the situation.
This is one of those hard life lessons that you really wish your kids didn't have to go through. I hope I'm as prepared as I pretend to be! :)
Post a Comment