Friday, September 19, 2008

Steven's Birthday!



A few days ago was Steven's b-day! I have not written in my blog in a few days cause we have been extremley busy! Well, the barbecue was our gift to Steven for his special day! I had the day planned. There was no place to put the bbq before his b-day so I didn't plan to pick it up till then. Steven was supposed to have a few appointments that day, so after I took the kids to school I was going to pick it up and come home and make the cake. Lani even offered to help me pick it up with her van cause my car is small. My day did not turn out that way. Steven woke up to a message saying his first appt. canceled. Ok, no problem I will just go pick up the bbq a little later. Then another appt. and another canceled! So, Steven has the day free! I was not sure what to do! Kalob even asked, "mom what are you going to do?" So,I decided that he should just come with me and we could make a day of it! We went to a few places trying to find the best deal and the best grill for our family. Steven has never had a barbecue before! He has always wanted one but we were always unable to get one. He found one he really likes and it was priced very reasonable. It even has a burner on the side so he can cook rice or veggies! We had to take it out of the box to fit it in the car! LOL! Then we were able to have lunch together! I brought him home and he put together the bbq while I picked up the kids from school. Then he cooked steaks for us! They were the best steaks ever!! He was so happy and excited to use the grill! He was like a little kid with a new toy! We are planning on using it Saturday night to make chicken. We would tonight but we are so busy! Kalob has hip hop, Eric has a ceremony for being Vice President of FBLA. And somewhere in there we have to have Primary practice for Sunday! Not sure how we are going to pull this off! Or have time for dinner! LOL! As Tim Gunn says from Project Runway we have to "Make it work!" LOL!

1 comment:

Kim said...

Cute! Yum! We are coming for dinner.:)